This page is dedicated to providing information, glossaries and resources related to health care as well as school policies, including: hormone therapy, mental health therapy, surgical care, providers, and creating inclusive environments.
We are still in the process of developing this page, so please visit again soon, but in the meantime the below links may be helpful.
Standards of Care:
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)
Insurance and Tax Deduction Policies/Rulings:
- American Medical Association (AMA) Resolution 122
- American Psychological Association Policy Statement
- IRS Medical Deductions
Electronic Health Records (EHR)
Medicare and Medicaid
Educators and Schools
Providing a safe space for transgender students and those that identify as gender variant is essential for a positive learning environment. The links below are helpful resources that cover children and adolescents in transition and how their families support them, current reports related to the school systems and transgender youth, and gay-straight alliances near you.
National Conferences/Professional Development:
- Philadelphia Trans-Health Conference
- Gender Spectrum
- Gender Odyssey
- First Event
- Southern Comfort
- Center for Transgender Excellence